Prep Your Home for Spring and Summer!
Spring is here, and summer is right around the corner! As the days get longer and the weather gets warmer, there are several things you can do to prep your home for spring and summer.
Below we have a list of the things you can do to keep your home in tip-top shape for the new season.
- Replace filters in heating and A/C system
- Check batteries in all smoke detectors
- Inspect the roof for damaged shingles
- Check exterior for signs of damage due to snow or ice
- Lubricate door hinges and garage hardware
- Clean and adjust window screens and door thresholds
- Adjust registers for cooling as heat rises
And now, how to prep your home for the warmer months: comfort edition
- Always have fresh flowers in your kitchen
- Get a houseplant to keep the air clean
- Get your patio ready with the furniture you desire
- Buy a citronella candle to keep the mosquitoes away while you enjoy an evening outside
- Consider a hanging bed or outdoor swing for more comfortable outdoor seating
- Do a massive spring cleaning to feel refreshed in your space
- Make sure to get your daily dose of sun and fresh air!
We made it through the winter and now it’s time to celebrate! Happy Spring Cleaning!